Friday, October 07, 2005

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

I couldn't let this day pass by without adding an entry to this journal, a feast established almost 5 centuries ago, even then it was already a centuries-old popular devotion.

There's nothing I can add about the origins of the Rosary that isn't already extensively documented. I can only say that, to me, praying the Rosary is witnessing the mystery of our salvation by Jesus through Mary's eyes. Mother Mary extends her hand to me and she leads me through her Son's life, death and resurrection.

But I have to confess that I hold Mary's hand as a bratt with a very short attention span, yet she never fails to offer her hand to me again after I let go of it. She invites me to ponder these misteries in my heart, as she herself did (Lk 2:19), so that I grow in love for her Son, Christ Jesus.

+JMJ+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home