Saturday, November 19, 2005

In the Meanders

As I said before, I have great affection for some mysteries. However, some of them are indeed mysterious to me. Not that this makes them a chore to meditate on, quite the contrary, they invite deeper reflections, even if I'm still left unaware of their spiritual depth.

One such mystery is that of the Transfiguration. I know the significance of those involved in that event and the words by God, the Father from Our Lord's baptism being repeated here, yet, somehow, it still doesn't strike a chord in me. Then again, says who all of them should? As St. Teresa of Avila said, we must approach prayer with a faithful and humble spirit, for prayer is a grace, not a skill.

On the other hand, I relate to other mysteries in an indirect way. Their significance still eludes me, but they come easy with fruitful reflections because they relate to other devotions close to my heart. For instance, the Presentation of Jesus, which I associate with through the first sorrow of Our Lady's.

Then there also those mysteries such as the Crowning of Mary, whose theological depth leave me in awe, and additionally shed new meaning to the words of the prayers of the Rosary. In this case, the second part of the Ave Maria, when we direct our petition to the Queen of Heaven:
Hail Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
+JMJ+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home